My aspiration to live authentically and meaningfully has motivated me to experience the world of self-inquiry, personal development and meditation for the past three decades.
Another quest has been my wish to be helpful, and to be a wholesome presence for others, which has led me to train and work in the field of mental health and special needs.
- Client-centered Counselling
- Breath Therapy
- Creative Movement and Yoga
- Curative Care Pedagogy Mental Health and Special Needs
- Tutor in the Lifelong Learning Sector and ESOL, PTLLS and CELTA qualified
- ITEC qualified in a range of Massage Therapies and Reiki
I am practising Mindfulness Meditation since 1993, training in Mindfulness-based-stress Reduction: Bangor Institute of Mindfulness and Research, regular retreats as CPD: Metta Vihara, Amaravati Buddhist Monastery, Gaia House.
I am currently facilitating courses and workshops for Mind in Exeter and East Devon, Devon Recovery Learning and Exeter College.
Themes of courses past and present:
- Cultivating Presence - Mindfulness at the Museum
- Introduction to Mindfulness
- Mindfulness-based-stress Reduction (Jon Kabat-Zinn)
- Self-Esteem and Assertiveness Skills
- Happiness/Positive Psychology
- Urban Retreat
- Relaxation Practices
- Silence and Meditation
- Relating/Relationships - Being well with others, being well alone
Past work engagements:
RAMM and Mind - Mindfulness
Pluss - Emotional Regulation, Stress, Sleep, Food for the Brain.
Milestones Hospital - Yoga, Creative Movement and Health Promotion Sessions.
I worked in Germany in Psychiatry and Residential Care for children and teenagers in my profession as a Curative Care Educator.
My employments in the UK were in the field of special needs, supporting clients in different residential care settings and mental health and working in a Psychiatric Hospital as a Complementary Therapist.
I am working now soley as a tutor in the adult learning sector, facilitating courses. Additonally I see clients on a one to one basis.
All my courses and workshops are designed and tailored to meet the needs and requirements of the individual, group or organisation taking part.
To get in touch use the contact page.